5.0 VolanoChat Server
Administering your chat server requires modifying a few simple text files. See the following sections for information on the function of each text file or server option.
- 5.1 Architecture
- describes the overall component architecture of the VolanoChat server.
- 5.2 Server Properties
- lists the VolanoChat server properties and their default values.
- 5.3 Access Control
- describes the VolanoChat server access control file which defines who can connect to the server and through which Web pages.
- 5.4 Log Files
- shows the information recorded in the access log file, error log file, and support log file, and how to modify their formats.
- 5.5 Permanent Rooms
- tells you how to define rooms that are permanently available in your VolanoChat server.
- 5.6 Status Reports
- explains how to obtain real time status reports from the VolanoChat server.
- 5.7 Member Database Support
- shows you how to define the scripts required to integrate the VolanoChatPro server with your member database.
- 5.8 Logging Chat Messages
- shows you how to transcribe the chat conversations in public and private chat rooms.
- 5.9 Listening for Events
- shows you how to write CGI scripts or Java servlets which are notified of events in the VolanoChat server.
2014-07-11 — An updated version of the VOLANO chat server that supports the latest Java 8 Plug-in is now available.
The VOLANO® chat software for the Java™ platform lets you build on-line communities and add real-time social networking to your Web site.
John Neffenger <email@example.com>
A PROJECT OF STATUS:6®