Buy a License
To purchase a license for the VOLANO chat server, you must provide the following:
- Your billing address
- During the order process you must provide your billing address, or the billing address of the business purchasing the software, so that the on-line shopping cart can determine whether to apply sales tax for Canada or the Province of British Columbia. Customers who reside outside of Canada do not pay any sales tax.
- Your support log file
- Before placing your order you must download, install, and start the VOLANO chat server with a trial license on the system where you plan to run it. After you have purchased a license, simply replace the trial key file with the permanent one you receive by e-mail and restart the VOLANO chat server. There is no need to reinstall or reconfigure the software after buying a license.
Select between the full version or version upgrade as follows:
- New customers must buy a full version license for the latest VOLANO chat server.
- Customers with any version 1 license of the VOLANO chat server (such as versions 1.0, 1.1, or 1.2) may buy a version upgrade to receive a license for the latest version 2 release.
- Customers with any version 2 license of the VOLANO chat server (such as versions 2.0, 2.1, or 2.5 through 2.9) may upgrade to the latest version 2.10 for free.
$499 for the Full Version
For a one-time fee of $499.00 (U.S. Dollars), new customers receive a perpetual license to run version 2 of the VOLANO chat server.
Please provide the numeric static IP address of the server where you installed the VOLANO chat server. You can find the correct IP address in the support log file, logs/support.log, created when you started the VOLANO chat server with a trial license.
$249 for the Version Upgrade
For a one-time fee of $249.00 (U.S. Dollars), current customers receive a perpetual upgrade license from version 1 of their VOLANO chat server to version 2.
Please provide the numeric static IP address of the server where you are running version 1 of the VOLANO chat server. You can find the correct IP address in the support log file, support.log, created when you start the VOLANO chat server. Please also send your current license key file by e-mail to Volano Software <email@example.com>
To purchase a license for the software, you must agree to the License Agreement. The license agreement is available for print and screen in the following formats:
The license fee is a one-time fee for which you receive a perpetual license to run one instance of the latest VOLANO chat server version 2 on your system. There is no limit on the number of Web sites or domain names where you can include the client Java applets of the VOLANO chat server. There are also no artificial limits on the number of chat rooms in the server or the number of people who can chat at the same time in the server.
Note that the maximum number of people who can chat at the same time on your system will depend on its processor speed, its available memory, and the speed of its connection to the Internet.
Customers with billing addresses outside of Canada will not be charged any sales tax. Customers with billing addresses in Canada will have Goods and Services Tax (GST) applied to the purchase price. Customers with billing addresses in British Columbia, Canada, will have Harmonized Sales Tax (HST) applied to the purchase price.
If you provide a billing address outside of Canada, you certify that the person (an individual or a business) purchasing the software license is not resident in Canada for purposes of the Canadian Excise Tax Act and is not registered under the Act.